Mastering jQuery: Book + Code is published by Packt Publishing in August 2015. This book has 376 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1783985463.
Mastering jQuery has been written not only to help maximize your skills with core functionality in the library, but also to explore some of the more intriguing ways of using the library to achieve real-world solutions that could feature on any website or online environment.
You’ll start with a look at some of the more advanced ways to incorporate the library into your pages, followed by working with forms and advanced form validation using regular expressions. Next you’ll move on to animating in jQuery, advanced event handling, and using jQuery effects.
Finally, you will develop practical examples of using jQuery with external functionality such as node-webkit, before finishing with a session on optimizing your version of the library for maximum efficiency and exploring best practices for using QUnit.
What You Will Learn
- Learn how to better organize your code, using one of the many design patterns available for the library
- Develop your skills further in some of the core jQuery subjects, such as event handling, using AJAX, and animating elements
- Develop your skills within technologies where you might not consider using jQuery, such as the Page Visibility API or using node-webKit
- Explore some of the more advanced tips and tricks for optimizing jQuery to maintain performance
- Learn how to improve your development workflow when testing jQuery to help reduce the manual effort needed to produce results
- Automate testing using NodeJS and RequireJS
Who This Book Is For