Boost.Asio C++ Network Programming Cookbook is published by Packt Publishing in January 2016. This book has 248 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1783986545.
Starting with recipes demonstrating the execution of basic Boost.Asio operations, the book goes on to provide ready-to-use implementations of client and server applications from simple synchronous ones to powerful multithreaded scalable solutions. Finally, you are presented with advanced topics such as implementing a chat application, implementing an HTTP client, and adding SSL support. All the samples presented in the book are ready to be used in real projects just out of the box.
As well as excellent practical examples, the book also includes extended supportive theoretical material on distributed application design and construction.
What you will learn
- Boost your working knowledge of one of the most reputable C++ networking libraries―Boost.Asio
- Familiarize yourself with the basics of TCP and UDP protocols
- Create scalable and highly-efficient client and server applications
- Understand the theory behind development of distributed applications
- Increase the security of your distributed applications by adding SSL support
- Implement a HTTP client easily
- Use iostreams, scatter-gather buffers, and timers