Mastering ServiceStack is published by Packt Publishing in October 2015. This book has 236 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1783986583.
Mastering ServiceStack covers real-life problems that occur over the lifetime of a distributed system and how to solve them by deeply understanding the tools of ServiceStack. Distributed systems is the enterprise solution that provide flexibility, reliability, scaling, and performance. ServiceStack is an outstanding tool belt to create such a system in a frictionless manner, especially sophisticated designed and fun to use.
The book starts with an introduction covering the essentials, but assumes you are just refreshing, are a very fast learner, or are an expert in building web services. Then, the book explains ServiceStack’s data transfer object patterns and teach you how it differs from other methods of building web services with different protocols, such as SOAP and SOA. It also introduces more low-level details such as how to extend the User Auth, message queues and concepts on how the technology works.
By the end of this book, you will understand the concepts, framework, issues, and resolutions related to ServiceStack.
Who This Book Is For
Mastering ServiceStack is targeted at developers who have already implemented web services with ASMX, WCF, or ServiceStack and want to gain more insight into the possibilities ServiceStack has to offer to build distributed systems of all scales.
What You Will Learn
- Design a prudent and resilient API, following the RESTful design
- Understand the internal processing chain and utilize the provided hooks
- Incorporate ServiceStack as a full service provider to your existing distributed system
- Leverage the power of asynchronous processing and add message queues to your architecture
- Analyze and tune the performance of your service