Clojure Reactive Programming is published by Packt Publishing in March 2015. This book has 194 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1783986668.
Reactive Programming (RP) is central to many concurrent systems. It endeavors to make the process of developing highly-concurrent, event-driven, and asynchronous applications simpler and less error-prone. RP comes in many flavors and we will look at some of them in this book.
Clojure Reactive Programming is a practical guide aimed at exploring RP. It starts by describing Functional Reactive Programming (FRP) and its formulations, as well as how it inspired Compositional Event Systems (CES).
It also presents several examples of Reactive applications implemented in different frameworks, allowing you to develop an understanding of the subject as well as learn how to develop your ability to work with time-varying values. By the end of the book, you will be equipped to solve real-world problems and have a clear understanding of when and how you should use different the approaches that are shown in the book.
What you will learn
- Understand the key abstractions of Functional Reactive Programming (FRP) and Compositional Event Systems (CES)
- Discover how to think in terms of time-varying values and event streams
- Create, compose, and transform Observable sequences with Reactive Extensions
- Create a CES framework from scratch using core.async as its foundation
- Build a simple ClojureScript game using Reagi
- Integrate Om and RxJS in a web application
- Implement a reactive API to Amazon Web Services
- Discover approaches to backpressure and error handling
- Get to grips with futures and learn where they fit in