Bootstrap for ASP.NET MVC is published by Packt Publishing in September 2014. This book has 190 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1783987283.
Bootstrap, a leading open source frontend framework, takes care of typography, form layouts, and user interface components, allowing a developer to focus on writing code. Integrating ASP.NET’s powerful components can further enhance its capabilities. This book guides you through the process of creating an ASP.NET MVC website from scratch using Bootstrap.
You will learn about various Bootstrap components as well as techniques to include them in your own projects. The book includes practical examples to show you how to use open source plugins with Bootstrap and ASP.NET MVC and will guide you through building an ASP.NET MVC website using Bootstrap, utilizing layout and user interface components. In the process, you will also learn to build ASP.NET MVC HTML helpers and T4 templates as well as how to use the jQuery DataTables plugin. At the end of this book, you will find some valuable tips and tricks, which will help you in getting the most out of your Bootstrap and ASP.NET MVC integrated website.
Who This Book Is For
If you are an ASP.NET MVC developer and would like to know how to incorporate Bootstrap into your projects, then this book is invaluable to you. Developers with entry-level experience of ASP.NET MVC development and limited experience with Bootstrap will also benefit from this book.
What You Will Learn
- Create a Bootstrap ASP.NET MVC site from scratch
- Use the various Bootstrap CSS and HTML elements with ASP.NET MVC
- Employ Bootstrap components such as navigation, alerts, and progress bars with ASP.NET MVC
- Build your own ASP.NET MVC helpers to reduce the amount of HTML needed to generate Bootstrap elements in your projects
- Design T4 Templates to generate Bootstrap-themed scaffolded views
- Convert a Bootstrap HTML template into a usable ASP.NET MVC project
- Integrate the jQuery DataTables plugin with Bootstrap and ASP.NET MVC