Learning Apache Cassandra is published by Packt Publishing in January 2015. This book has 276 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1783989201.
Cassandra is a distributed database that stands out for its robust feature set and intuitive interface, while still providing the high availability and scalability of a distributed store.
Starting from installing Cassandra and creating your first keyspace, to mastering the different table structures Cassandra offers and exploring the latest and most powerful features of the Cassandra Query Language, CQL3, this book explores each topic through the lens of a real-world example application. With plenty of examples, tips, and clear explanations, you’ll master compound primary keys, collection columns, lightweight transactions, and many other advanced aspects of Cassandra.
By the end of the book, you’ll be fully equipped to build powerful, scalable Cassandra database layers for your applications.
What you will learn
- Install Cassandra and create your first keyspace
- Choose the right table structure for the task at hand in a variety of scenarios
- Use range slice queries for efficient data access
- Effortlessly handle concurrent updates with collection columns
- Ensure data integrity with lightweight transactions and logged batches
- Understand eventual consistency and use the right consistency level for your situation
- Implement best practices for data modeling and access