Mastering Kendo UI [Video] is published by Packt Publishing in May 2015. This book has 1 Hour 30 minutes pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1783989461.
You have probably already heard about Kendo UI and the extensive range of widgets it comes with; but there’s more to Kendo UI than just widgets. Kendo UI has a full featured framework, and when you put it all together, you can run your application using Kendo UI MVVM, Kendo UI widgets, and the Telerik backend for your data storage.
With Mastering Kendo UI, you will be taken on a journey through building a fully functioning blog application with Kendo UI.
You start off by installing a toolbox full of awesome functionality including Kendo UI, Bootstrap, and Telerik’s backend services. Next, you will build a Content Editor by using the MVVM (Model-View-View-Model) architecture to control the widgets. You will then move on to creating a Blog Editor along with a Post Editor and then create and validate a form. You will also see how to troubleshoot some common issues that developers face every day. The video series doesn’t stop here, but you will also learn how to do more with cleaner and more concise code using the Kendo UI library, jQuery, and Telerik’s Everlive. Once you are done with the application, you will jump into some more advanced topics and look into Layouts, Views, and Routing.
At the end of these 120 minutes, you will have a strong foothold on the important aspects of Kendo UI and will be able to build your own apps with confidence.
What You Will Learn
- Explore Telerik’s backend services and set up your Kendo UI project
- Wire up Twitter Bootstrap with Kendo UI MVVM for easier navigation through your app
- Take control of the Content Editor by updating the properties of your view model
- Manage your blog effectively with a few tweaks in the Kendo UI grid
- Make your app responsive and rev up its security by implementing validation
- Know your code better and troubleshoot errors away with Chrome Developer Tools
- Get ahead with the advanced features of Kendo UI such as Layout, Views, Upload, and Router
Who This Video Is For