Rapid PhantomJS [Video] is published by Packt Publishing in September 2014. This book has 77 minutes pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1783989782.
PhantomJS enables developers to load, browse, and analyse web pages automatically by writing simple scripts. It’s useful for testing web pages that work as expected, monitoring performance, extracting relevant content, simulating user behaviour, and producing automatic web page screen shots. PhantomJS saves developers from needing to visit large numbers of web pages just to check how they work.
Rapid PhantomJS will help you to write your own PhantomJS scripts easily in order to perform various testing tasks.
You will begin with a detailed description of the main functionality to build up the base of advanced PhantomJS scripting. You will then move on to learn about the scripting for the four main use cases of PhantomJS, which covers rendering images from any website to avoid visual regression, monitoring network traffic to notice performance degradation, simulating user behavior, and checking the results of your unit testing suite automatically. This is where you will master popular frontend build tools such as make, npm scripting, Grunt, and gulp. These will be set up to help you automate your new developed PhantomJS scripts in any environment.
By the end of the course, you will be able to automate and optimize your workflow with the help of PhantomJS, which leads to higher productivity and products of higher quality.
What You Will Learn
- Learn to write advanced PhantomJS scripts
- Make use of the phantom object to deal with general PhantomJS functionality
- Implement a system object to read out system arguments and make your scripts more generic and reusable
- Monitor the network activity of any website using the webpage object
- Automate visitor behavior on any website using the evaluate function
- Execute a frontend unit test suite like Jasmine and retrieve the results
- Adapt popular frontend build tools to automate your newly gained knowledge of PhantomJS easily
Who This Video Is For