Programming the BeagleBone is published by Packt Publishing in January 2016. This book has 180 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1784390013.
Who This Book Is For
This book is for anyone who wants to learn programming on embedded systems and understand key concepts such as GPIO, PWM, and Bus. It is intended for programming beginner who is willing to work on electronics projects and basic IoT applications. This book will be helpful to BeagleBone owner who wants to quickly implement small-scale home automation solutions. Some hands on is expected on C or Python. Some familiarity with electronics is helpful. However, it is not essential.
What You Will Learn
- Connect your BeagleBone to a computer in different ways and get Cloud9 IDE running to quickly start programming on the BeagleBone
- Get to know BeagleBone extension pins, such as GPIO, and how to connect various electronic components to the BeagleBone
- Read and write to various electronic components, such as LEDs, push buttons, sensors, and motors
- Grasp in-depth theory on Analog, PWM, and BUS programming and the electronic components used in programs
- Handle data to and from various BUS-supporting modules, such as UART, I2C, and SPI, using the Adafruit BBIO Python library
- Make use of free online cloud services to store and analyze sensor data collected on the BeagleBone