Microsoft Hyper-V PowerShell Automation is published by Packt Publishing in January 2015. This book has 175 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1784391539.
Windows PowerShell is a task-based command-line shell and scripting language designed especially for system administration. Hyper-V is Microsoft’s hypervisor that creates and runs virtual machines. Hyper-V for Windows PowerShell provides IT pros with an easy way to enable automation of management tasks within Windows Server. The Hyper-V PowerShell module includes several significant features that extend its use, improve its usability, and allow you to control and manage your Hyper-V environment with more granular control.
This book explores the new features made available with Hyper-V version 3, and breaks down the mystery and confusion that surrounds which feature to use and when. It also teaches you the PowerShell way to automate the usage of these features. It will take you through a number of practical examples that will help you take advantage of the Hyper-V version 3 cmdlets efficiently. You will also learn how to use Hyper-V version 3 PowerShell cmdlets to install and configure Hyper-V in a Windows Server environment and also learn about the various administration tasks in detail. You will learn everything you need to get started with administering your Hyper-V environment using PowerShell.
What You Will Learn
- Understand and optimize the new features of Hyper-V on Windows Server 2012 R2
- Install and configure your Hyper-V environment on a Windows Server environment using PowerShell
- Extract information about Hyper-V hosts and the associated virtual machines
- Create, delete, start, and stop virtual machines and configure their properties
- Utilize Hyper-V PowerShell module cmdlets to create reusable PowerShell scripts
- Integrate your Hyper-V environment for enterprise-level management using SCVMM to create and manage private clouds
- Troubleshoot your Hyper-V environment with PowerShell and custom scripts
Who This Book Is For
This book is great for administrators who are new to automating Hyper-V administration tasks using PowerShell. If you are familiar with the PowerShell command line and have some experience with the Windows Server, this book is perfect for you.