Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server Cookbook is published by Packt Publishing in February 2016. This book has 289 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1784392017.
Dominating the server market, the Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system gives you the support you need to modernize your infrastructure and boost your organization’s efficiency. Combining both stability and flexibility, RHEL helps you meet the challenges of today and adapt to the demands of tomorrow.
This practical Cookbook guide will help you get to grips with RHEL 7 Server and automating its installation. Designed to provide targeted assistance through hands-on recipe guidance, it will introduce you to everything you need to know about KVM guests and deploying multiple standardized RHEL systems effortlessly. Get practical reference advice that will make complex networks setups look like child’s play, and dive into in-depth coverage of configuring a RHEL system. Also including full recipe coverage of how to set up, configuring, and troubleshoot SELinux, you’ll also discover how secure your operating system, as well as how to monitor it.
What you will learn
- Set up and configure RHEL 7 Server
- Use NetworkManager to configure all aspects of your network
- Manage virtual environments using libvirt
- Set up software repositories
- Secure and monitor your RHEL environment
- Configure SELinux, and create and apply its policies
- Create kickstart scripts to automatically deploy RHEL 7 systems
- Use Orchestration and configuration management tools to manage your environment