Odoo Development Essentials is published by Packt Publishing in March 2015. This book has 172 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1784392796.
Odoo is a powerful and fast-growing business application platform. Beginning with setting up the development environment, this book will then guide you through a practical journey to build feature-rich business applications.
With the aim of jumpstarting your Odoo proficiency level, from no specific knowledge to application development readiness, you will be set on the path of developing your first Odoo application. Then, you will move on to topics such as models and views and understanding and using server APIs to add business logic, which will lay a solid foundation for advanced topics.
The book concludes with a guide to Odoo interaction and how to use the Odoo API from other programs, all of which will enable you to efficiently integrate applications with other external systems.
What You Will Learn
- Set up a development environment and manage your Odoo instances and databases
- Develop from a remote Workstation such as Windows using Odoo
- Create your first Odoo application and get acquainted with the development workflow
- Build module extensions and understand the inheritance mechanisms
- Use XML and CSV data files and external IDs to load and export data for your business applications
- Structure the application data model using Odoo’s Object Relation Mapping (ORM) capabilities
- Design effective user interfaces using forms, lists, and kanban views
- Integrate Odoo with other systems using the external API
- Deploy Odoo and your business application for production use
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for developers who need to quickly become productive with Odoo. You are expected to have experience developing business applications, as well as an understanding of MVC application design and knowledge of the Python programming language.