Learning Apache Kafka is published by Packt Publishing in February 2015. This book has 120 pages in English, ISBN-13 .
Kafka is one of those systems that is very simple to describe at a high level but has an incredible depth of technical detail when you dig deeper.
Learning Apache Kafka Second Edition provides you with step-by-step, practical examples that help you take advantage of the real power of Kafka and handle hundreds of megabytes of messages per second from multiple clients. This book teaches you everything you need to know, right from setting up Kafka clusters to understanding basic blocks like producer, broker, and consumer blocks. Once you are all set up, you will then explore additional settings and configuration changes to achieve ever more complex goals. You will also learn how Kafka is designed internally and what configurations make it more effective. Finally, you will learn how Kafka works with other tools such as Hadoop, Storm, and so on.
What You Will Learn
- Set up both single- and multi-node Kafka clusters and start sending messages
- Understand the internals of Kafka’s design and learn about message compression and replication in Kafka
- Explore additional settings and configuration changes to achieve ever more complex goals
- Write Kafka message producers and custom consumers using the Kafka API
- Integrate Kafka with Apache Hadoop and Storm
- Integrate Kafka with other tools for logging, packaging, and so on
- Administer Kafka effectively and consistently with cluster management tools
Who This Book Is For
This book is for readers who want to know more about Apache Kafka at a hands-on level; the key audience is those with software development experience but no prior exposure to Apache Kafka or similar technologies. It is also useful for enterprise application developers and big data enthusiasts who have worked with other publisher-subscriber-based systems and want to explore Apache Kafka as a futuristic solution.