PrimeFaces Cookbook is published by Packt Publishing in May 2015. This book has 363 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1784393427.
PrimeFaces is the most popular component library used in the JSF ecosystem. It is a lightweight library with one JAR, zero configuration, and no required dependencies.
This book covers over 100 effective recipes for PrimeFaces 5.2, which is a leading component suite to boost JSF-based applications. The book starts with an introduction to PrimeFaces and its concepts, such as AJAX processing, the selector mechanism, partial view submit, and i18n support. Later chapters then focus on theming and the usage of over 100 input and output components, such as tables, charts, menus, and so on.
This cookbook provides a solid foundation by covering all the knowledge needed to work with PrimeFaces components in the real world.
What You Will Learn
- Understand basic concepts such as AJAX processing and partial view submit so that you can work with PrimeFaces
- Go beyond the basics and discover more interesting features of PrimeFaces: PrimeFaces selectors, RequestContext, Dialog Framework, and more
- Delve deep into over 100 rich UI components with all the required details
- Get practical solutions to complex problems that arise in a JSF ecosystem
- Use best practices, avoid pitfalls, and get performance tips when working with the component suite
Who This Book Is For
This book is for everybody who would like to learn modern Java web development based on PrimeFaces and is looking for a quick introduction to this matter. Prerequisites for this book are basic JSF, jQuery, and CSS skills.