Learning AWS is published by Packt Publishing in July 2015. This book has 236 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1784394639.
With the increasing global interest in leveraging cloud infrastructure, AWS Cloud from Amazon offers a cutting-edge platform for architecting, building, and deploying web-scale cloud applications. The variety of features available within AWS can reduce overall infrastructure costs and accelerate the development process for both large enterprises and startups alike.
Beginning with basic cloud concepts, you’ll learn about the various cloud services models and the design implications of multi-tenant applications. You’ll then design, implement, and deploy a multi-tier, scalable, highly-available and secure application on the AWS platform. At every step, we explain the key guiding principles driving real-world production-ready application architectures. Finally, you will learn how to automate your cloud infrastructure, set up operations, application monitoring, and DevOps pipeline.
Who This Book Is For
This book is targeted at expert programmers and architects wanting to learn AWS. Some familiarity with Spring, MySQL, and RESTful web services is assumed.
What You Will Learn
- Multi-tenant design approaches for SaaS applications
- Planning dev, test, staging, and production environments
- Design considerations for scalability and high-availability
- Planning for DR
- The security considerations and implementation of AWS applications
- Production deployment processes and tools
- Monitoring AWS applications using CloudWatch
- Automating infrastructure using CloudFormation