Learning Unity Android Game Development is published by Packt Publishing in April 2015. This book has 346 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1784394691.
Unity 5 is a revolution in developing great games for Android that provides a great integration platform that works seamlessly with Unity 5, which means that games can be developed quicker and easier than ever before.
Packed with a lot of examples, this book starts by helping you to understand all the great features that Unity 5 and Android have to offer. You will then create great games like Tic-Tac-Toe and the Monkey Ball game and also learn to enhance them. You will then expand the game’s environment with lights and a skybox and learn to create enemies in a tank battle game. You will then explore the touch and tilt controls with the creation of a Monkey Ball clone.
With the recreation of a game similar to Angry Birds, you will delve into configuring physics and options for a 2D game experience. Finally, you will get a complete experience by learning the optimization techniques needed to keep your games running smoothly.
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Set up the development environment when working with both Unity and Android
- Import and work with the basic blocks of a game such as meshes, materials, and animations
- Utilize particles and sound effects to provide feedback to the player
- Adjust camera effects and game logic to create 2D games
- Interface with touch and tilt inputs to create custom control systems
- Create custom graphical interfaces and control elements
- Leverage pathfinding to get intelligently moving characters
- Illuminate scenes dynamically using lightmaps