Unreal Engine Physics Essentials is published by Packt Publishing in October 2015. This book has 146 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1784394905.
Unreal Engine 4 is one of the leading game development tools used by both AAA and independent developers alike to create breathe-taking games. One of the key features of this tool is the use of Physics to create a believable game-world for players to explore.
This book gives readers practical insight into the mathematical and physics principles necessary to properly implement physics within Unreal Engine 4.
Discover how to manipulate physics within Unreal Engine 4 by learning basic real-world mathematical and physics concepts that assist in the implementation of physics-based objects in your game world. Then, you’ll be introduced to PhAT (Physics Asset Tool) within Unreal Engine 4 to learn more about developing game physics objects for your game world.
Next, dive into Unreal Engine 4’s collision generation, physical materials, blueprints, constraints, and more to get hands-on experience with the tools provided by Epic to create real-world physics in Unreal Engine 4. Lastly, you will create a working Vehicle Blueprint that uses all the concepts covered in this book, as well as covering advanced physics-based topics.
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for beginner to intermediate users of Epic Games’ Unreal Engine 4 who want to learn more about how to implement physics within their game-world.
No matter what your knowledge base of Unreal Engine 4 is, this book contains valuable information on blueprint scripting, collision generation, materials, and the Physical Asset Tool (PhAT) for all users to create better games.
What You Will Learn
- Get to know basic to intermediate topics in mathematics and physics
- Create assets using the Physics Asset Tool (PhAT) in Unreal Engine 4
- Develop Collision Hulls, which are necessary to take advantage of Unreal Engine 4’s physics and collision events
- Use constraints to create advanced physics-based assets for your game-world
- Working knowledge of physics bodies, physics damping, and friction within Unreal Engine 4
- Develop physical materials to recreate real-world friction for substances such as glass and ice
- Create a working vehicle blueprint from scratch using assets provided by Unreal Engine 4
- Gain knowledge about implementing advanced physics in Unreal Engine 4 using C++ programming