Node.js By Example is published by Packt Publishing in June 2015. This book has 220 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1784395711.
Node.js By Example covers Node.js fundamentals and teaches you how to use its technology to architect a project. It shows you how to manage an application’s assets and how to implement the Model-View-Controller pattern. The next few chapters demonstrate how to develop the features of your social network. It also empowers you to communicate with a database, including storing, retrieving, and deleting data. The book ends by discussing the most popular ways to test your user interface in an efficient way.
What You Will Learn
- Get to know the fundamentals of Node.js
- Understand why architecting is important and what the planning of a typical Node.js application looks like
- Implement the Model-View-Controller pattern in the context of a Node.js application
- Communicate with a database, including storing, retrieving, and deleting data
- Implement more complex features such as creating social network pages, tagging, sharing, and liking posts
- Create a real-time chat capability for users of the social network
- Explore how to test the user interface of your web application
Who This Book Is For