Building Web Applications with Flask : Book + Code is published by Packt Publishing in June 2015. This book has 156 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1784396152.
Flask is a powerful web framework that helps you build great projects using your favorite tools. Flask takes the flexible Python programming language and provides a simple template for web development. Once imported into Python, Flask can be used to save time building web applications. It goes against the flow with the microframework concept, leaving most of the architecture choices to the developer. Through its great API, extensions, and powerful patterns, Flask helps you create simple projects in minutes and complex ones as soon as possible.
From the beginning, Building Web Applications with Flask shows you how to utilize Flask’s concepts, extensions, and components to create engaging, full-featured web projects. You’ll learn how to properly handle forms using WTForms, devise convenient templates with Jinja2 tags and macros, use NoSQL and SQL databases to store user data, test your projects with features and unit tests, create powerful authentication and user authorization, as well as administrative interfaces with ease, and more.
As Flask does not enforce an architectural recipe, neither do we! This book makes no coding assumptions on how you should code, leaving you free to experiment.
What You Will Learn
- Create single page applications with Flask
- Use macros, filters, tags, and control structures to render rich responses to user requests
- Receive forms securely through form-based classes and WTForms
- Utilize NoSQL or SQL databases to store user data seamlessly
- Generate simple, yet powerful, REST services from your data models
- Learn how to perform test-driven and behavior-driven developments in your Flask projects
- Use Flask components to create maintainable non-flat projects
- Harvest the power of extensions to build robust authorization and permission policies
Who This Book Is For
If you are a Python web developer who wants to learn more about developing applications in Flask and scaling them with industry-standard practices, this is the book for you.