This course will help in all aspects of development, from writing better code to deploying compact production packages.
You’ll start with a simple Grunt file and move on to building a fully functional workflow and deployment system. You’ll learn how to deal with simple tasks such as renaming, moving, and combining files, before moving on to more complex activities such as creating concise and compact deployment packages. You’ll learn how to create a basic file then build upon it by adding modules to achieve various levels of automation that were previously difficult to attain. Next, you’ll learn to use a range of plugins to achieve concatenation, image minification, and create responsive images. Before we reach the end, you will learn to compile many types of languages and then will test your code using multiple testing frameworks such as JSLint, PhantomJS, and Behat. Finally, you’ll be introduced to some advanced uses of Grunt involving custom command-line commands you want to use.
Once you are done with this course, developing workflows will be a breeze for you.
What You Will Learn
- Use Grunt targets to get different output for different situations with a simple flag
- Play with plugins such as grunt-contrib-concat, imagemin, and more to add a variety of functionalities to your app
- Run three different kinds of tests: JS syntax tests, JS unit tests, and Behat behavioral tests
- Define the look of your apps by using the Grunt compass to compile your CSS
- Integrate Git with Grunt to manage unstaged commits effectively
- Use Drush to run any custom command you want in Grunt, even if there is no plugin for it
Who This Video Is For