Building a Media Center with Raspberry Pi is published by Packt Publishing in April 2016. This book has 113 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1784396220.
The Raspberry Pi is a complete computer built on a single circuit board and is used for a variety of different purposes and projects, including building automation systems, media centers, networks and servers, robotics, gaming, and education. It is also capable of running an operating system.
This book will give you the ability to turn a Raspberry Pi and SD card into a media center. It starts by showing you how to download the OSMC operating system and install it on your SD card. Then, you will learn how to hook up all the peripherals for the Raspberry Pi to function. Furthermore, you will see how to get OSMC into a functional and usable state for regular use and future changes. You will also explore advanced addons that will enhance the functionality of the media center. To complete your media center experience, you will use a smartphone as a remote control by installing and configuring the OSMC remote control.
By the end of this book, you will be able to program, set up, run, and troubleshoot a media center using your Raspberry Pi boards.
Who This Book Is For
The book is for hobbyists with no experience of Raspberry pi, who are looking for a fun project to work on and have an interest in building and setting up a media center with their board.
What You Will Learn
- Find out how to connect the Raspberry Pi to your entertainment system
- Familiarize yourself with OSMC and grasp how to navigate around the screen
- Use advanced configurations such as a text editor, ssh, the Linux command line, and putty
- Play files that are stored on the SD card or USB stick
- Connect to other media sources over the network/Internet
- Troubleshoot common areas of difficulty