WordPress 4.0 Site Blueprints is published by Packt Publishing in October 2015. This book has 357 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1784397968.
WordPress is the world’s most popular Content Management System (CMS) and you can use it to create any kind of site you or your clients need. Using free plugins and themes for WordPress, you can create a store, a social media site, a review site, a video site, a network of sites or a community site, and more. WordPress makes your job of creating your own website simple and hassle-free!
If you’ve started using WordPress to create a blog or simple website, you’ll have had a taste of the opportunities offered by this massively popular CMS.
This book will take you through the process of creating ten popular kinds of site using WordPress with free plugins and themes, each chapter covering various functionality of the web. After having learned how to migrate from your static site to WordPress in the first chapter, you will then explore the world of social networking websites followed focusing on e-commerce. Without writing too much code, you’ll be able to create a store, a video streaming site, a team communications site, a jobs board, and more.
This book is a one-stop solution to resolve all your worries about creating a website that will give the best experience to your users.
Who This Book Is For
WordPress Site Blueprints is suitable for new or experienced WordPress users. You don’t need to be a PHP developer or have ever created a WordPress theme or plugin. Instead the book will help you use themes and plugins (all free) to create a wide range of sites. Familiarity with the WordPress interface will help you but you don’t need to be able to write code.
What You Will Learn
- Migrate your old static site into WordPress
- Create a network of sites for other people to work with each other
- Build a great store using the free WooCommerce plugin
- Create a video streaming site linked to YouTube
- Create a review site for products, services, or anything you’d like
- Create a jobs board so people can post jobs and apply for them
- Create websites that focus on networking such as a social media site, a communications center for your team, and a membership site to build a community
- Create a beautiful gallery site to showcase your photography