SFML Blueprints is published by Packt Publishing in May 2015. This book has 282 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1784398477.
SFML is a cross-platform software development library written in C++ with bindings available for many programming languages. This book contains useful information that you’ll need to create any kind of 2D games. Starting with the basics of game programming, resource management, and building simple 2D games, you’ll then delve into more complex features such as the physics engine, constructing a game UI, and more advanced concepts of 2D gaming using SFML. You’ll develop advanced functionality in your game using the concept of multithreading and learn how various threads interact. In later chapters, you’ll quickly grasp the usage and implementation of isometric views and image transformation in your 2D real time tower defense game. You’ll wrap up by adding networking and database management systems to your game with SQLite using an ORM.
Who This Book Is For
This book is for developers who have knowledge of the basics of the SFML library and its capabilities in 2D game development. Minimal experience with C++ is required.
What You Will Learn
- Build a complete game and integrate advanced features by adding a multiplayer layer
- Get to grips with SFML resources and build a generic and reusable resource manager
- Gather knowledge about different entity models and build your own 2D games
- Explore the Box2D engine and add physics properties to your game
- Add a nice user interface to your game to make it more user friendly
- Discover the SFGUI library and learn how to customize your game
- Delve into the importance of multithreading and boost your code
- Add networking and learn about serialization and database management using Sqlite3