Getting Started with Windows Server Security is published by Packt Publishing in February 2015. This book has 247 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1784398729.
Windows Server 2012 provides security features and solutions that can be used as standalone security solutions as well as integrated solutions with your existing security or auditing tools.
To begin, you will learn how to implement baseline security using Microsoft Security Configuration Wizard and how to lock down unwanted services, along with how to configure your Windows firewall. You will see how to enable and use native tools including AppLocker to identify and mitigate risks and tighten up your Windows Server infrastructure security.
This book also walks you through best practices for designing and building a secure Microsoft server platform, with instructions on configuration and managing Dynamic Access Control and polices.
At the end of the book, installation and configuration of Windows Server Update Services, which plays a crucial role in the security space, is covered.
What You Will Learn
- Design a secure Windows Server platform based on the best practices and industry standard recommendations
- Identify and mitigate security risks using tools such as Security Configurations Wizard, ASA, AppLocker, BitLocker, and EMET
- Follow step-by-step instructions to tighten the security of your Active Directory file, print server, Hyper-V and IIS servers, and application roles
- Develop a secure access control mechanism using the Dynamic Access Control (DAC) feature
- Learn how to maintain security and deliver new security updates and patches using the Windows Server Update Service (WSUS)
- Discover how PowerShell cmdlets and custom scripts can support your day-to-day security admin tasks
Who This Book Is For
If you are a security or Windows Server administrator wanting to learn or advance your knowledge in Microsoft security and secure your Windows Server infrastructure effectively, this book is for you.