Kali Linux Web App Testing[Video] is published by Packt Publishing in May 2015. This book has 3 Hours 5 minutes pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1784399122.
With an ever-changing online environment, security is a constantly growing concern. It’s hard for web developers to keep up with new and emerging techniques that attackers may use to hack into a site. In such a scenario, Kali Linux emerges as a powerful package to penetration test your website or application.
Kali Linux Web App Testing will help you prevent different cyber attacks from basic vulnerabilities to ones less spoken of. Firstly, you will be introduced to injection techniques such as SQL injection along with SQLMap. After that, you’ll learn what XSS injection is and how to use XSSER against it. Then you’ll walk through local and remote file inclusions and ways to counteract them. You’ll also learn other cyber invasions such as Remote Command Execution and Cross Site Request Forgery. Furthermore, you’ll see what Open Redirects and Open Proxies are and how to tackle them. Finally, you’ll learn the concept of Clickjacking and how to avoid it. Towards the end of this course, you’ll not only be familiar with various cyber attacks and vulnerabilities, but also know different approaches to deal with them.
What You Will Learn
- Understand what SQL injection is and coupled with SQLMap, how it can infiltrate your system
- Protect your system against XSS vulnerabilities by using XSSER
- Safeguard user credentials by figuring out how Bruteforcing works
- Get to know Remote Command Execution and how it can affect your system
- Analyze Cross-Site Request Forgery attacks to defend your system against them
- Inspect open proxies and open redirects to shield your system from them
- Understand Clickjacking and the best approach to elude it
Who This Video Is For
If you’re a web developer who wants to make their app impenetrable, then this course is perfect for you. No matter whether you are familiar to Kali Linux or totally new to it, this course will guide you through all the essential tools to kick-start app testing.