Introducing Dart [Video] is published by Packt Publishing in July 2015. This book has 1 hour and 10 minutes pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1784399399.
Introducing Dart is a joyride of game programming where the user harnesses the power of the Dart programming language. The techniques shown in these videos can easily be applied and expanded upon to create any kind of interactive web application.
We begin by learning how to install the Dart development environment, and how to get started using the Dart Editor. We then walk through building our game step-by-step until we are left with a fully functional game called “Dart Worm”.
At the first step you will be introduced to the Dart SDK and the Dart editor software. This will provide the environment where we will design and develop our main project. Then you will learn how to use Dart to access the elements on a web page (called the DOM). Once these elements are accessed you will be shown how to manipulate them by calling methods, and how to add and remove elements from the DOM dynamically.
As we move on we will be covering specific Dart classes that will help us bring the different components of our game to life. We will learn how to animate our game, keep score, and present the user with controls. Eventually, we will be putting everything we learned together and building our final game.
When you have completed these videos, you will have all of the tools necessary to build and deploy a fully functional web application using the Dart programming language.
What You Will Learn
- Get up and running with the Dart development environment and Dart Editor
- Produce clean and reliable codes using classes to organize ideas
- Handle user events like keyboard presses and mouse movements to change the behaviour of your application.
- Become more fluent with the core Dart tools such as Pub and Dart2js
- Combine the power of CSS with Dart to create stunning effects and animations.
- Use the dartlang API resource to expand on the classes, methods, and functions discussed.
- Create and deploy visually attractive, interactive, and immersive web applications
Who This Video Is For
You will get the most from this video course if you are already familiar with web development technologies such as HTML5 and CSS3. No experience with other programming languages is necessary, although it may help.