Stencyl Essentials is published by Packt Publishing in March 2015. This book has 172 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1784399450.
With the incredible growth in the global games industry over the past few years, Stencyl makes it possible for anyone to learn how to create amazing, engaging, and polished 2D games in just a fraction of the time.
Whether you are new to game development or an experienced developer looking for a quicker, more intuitive way to prototype, develop, and publish your game ideas, this book will show you how to achieve your game development goals using Stencyl. By following a clear, step-by-step development cycle for our first game prototype, you will rapidly gain a working knowledge of the Stencyl game engine and toolkit. With ample screenshots, you can be certain that you’ll be able to follow along at every stage.
Who This Book Is For
If you are a computer game enthusiast who has always wanted to know what it takes to build a playable game, or maybe you would like to expand your programming knowledge so that you can develop great computer games using a solid game engine and toolkit, then this book is for you.
What You Will Learn
- Discover the key benefits of Stencyl, its technical structure, and what makes it so special
- Understand and work effectively with the Stencyl interface
- Set up scenes and alter their settings at will
- Import and utilize graphics
- Integrate sound FX and music in your games
- Create and configure actor types and instances
- Implement tilesets and backgrounds by importing them in to your game
- Write custom behaviors to control your actors