Practical Machine Learning is published by Packt Publishing in January 2016. This book has 468 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1784399689.
This book explores an extensive range of Machine learning techniques, uncovering hidden tips and tricks for several types of data using practical real-world examples. While Machine learning can be highly theoretical, this book offers a refreshing hands-on approach without losing sight of the underlying principles.
We will cover the leading data science languages, Python and R, and the underrated but powerful Julia, as well as a range of big data platforms including Spark, Hadoop, and Mahout. Practical Machine Learning is an essential resource for modern data scientists who want to get to grips with Machine learning’s real-world application.
The book also explores cutting-edge advances in Machine learning, with worked examples and guidance on Deep learning and Reinforcement learning, providing you with practical demonstrations and samples that help take the theory–and mystery–out of even the most advanced Machine learning methodologies.
What You Will Learn
- Implement a wide range of algorithms and techniques for tackling complex data
- Get to grips with some of the most powerful languages in data science, including R, Python, and Julia
- Harness the capabilities of Spark and Mahout used in conjunction with Hadoop to manage and process data successfully
- Apply the appropriate Machine learning technique to address a real-world problem
- Get acquainted with deep learning and find out how neural networks are being used at the cutting edge of Machine learning
- Explore the future of Machine learning and dive deeper into polyglot persistence, semantic data, and more
Who This Book Is For
This book has been created for data scientists who want to see Machine learning in action and explore its real-world applications. Knowledge of programming (Python and R) and mathematics is advisable if you want to get started immediately.