Learning Unity iOS Game Development is published by Packt Publishing in October 2015. This book has 222 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1784399801.
Over recent years, the market for mobile game development using Unity has grown multi-fold with an overwhelming 600 million gamers playing games developed using Unity engine. The newly launched Unity 5 offers a wide range of dedicated and powerful tools for iOS developers who intend to follow the basics and gradually elevate their skills to revolutionize the way they design and publish games for the App Store.
From beginners, to those who are experienced making video games, this book goes through the steps of using Unity 5 to make a game from the ground up and setting the game up with iTunes Game Center features.
The book begins with an introduction to setting up an iTunes Connect developer account, this will allow you to use Unity to its full potential with iOS. You will create a new app in iTunes Connect with the settings for Apple approval. You will learn, in detail, how to use Unity 5 and the programming language C# to make a fully interactive game that keeps track of player progress, Game Center Leaderboards, and Achievements, as well as displaying iAds and offering In-App purchases.
Moving on, you’ll discover how to create development and release builds, enabling you to test the game on your device before finally submitting the game for Apple’s approval.
By the end of the book, you will have a complete understanding of how iTunes and Unity can be used in combination to build and publish a fully interactive and reliable game to the App Store.
Who This Book Is For
This book is for iOS developers who want to learn how to build games with Unity for the iOS platform. Some prior experience in game development would be useful.
What You Will Learn
- Create your own iTunes Connect Developer account and create an app within it
- Set up iTunes Game Center features in iTunes Connect so you can use them within Unity 5
- Construct a game using C# that allows users to interactively control the game character
- Use Unity 5’s editor window to create a custom editor tool specific for the game made in the book
- Store and keep track of data so the player is able to collect in-game pick-ups that can be used to purchase in-game goods
- Use all game features so the player is able to fully navigate menus between the front menu and in the game state
- Make, test, and finally release builds so you can play on your device and then submit the game to Apple for review