Raspberry Pi Networking Cookbook is published by Packt Publishing in February 2016. This book has 340 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1785280214.
With increasing interest in Maker Projects and the Internet of Things (IoT), students, scientists, and hobbyists are using the Raspberry Pi as a reliable, inexpensive platform to connect local devices to Internet services.
This book begins with recipes that are essential to installing the Raspberry Pi and configuring it for network access. Then it continues with recipes on installing common networking services such as firewalls and file sharing.
The final chapters include recipes for network monitoring, streaming data from the Raspberry Pi to IoT services, and using clusters of Raspberry Pis to store and analyze large volumes of data.
What you will learn
- Install, update, and upgrade your Raspberry PI
- Configure a firewall to protect your Raspberry Pi and other devices on your local area network
- Set up file sharing, remote access, a web server, and your own wiki
- Create a wireless access point and use it as an Internet gateway
- Stream video, audio, and local device data to IoT services as well as your own websites
- Control devices connected to the Raspberry Pi from your phone via the web
- Create a giant video wall using multiple monitors and Raspberry Pis