Amazon S3 Cookbook is published by Packt Publishing in September 2015. This book has 205 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1785280702.
Amazon S3 is one of the most famous and trailblazing cloud object storage services, which is highly scalable, low-latency, and economical. Users only pay for what they use and can store and retrieve any amount of data at any time over the Internet, which attracts Hadoop users who run clusters on EC2.
The book starts by showing you how to install several AWS SDKs such as iOS, Java, Node.js, PHP, Python, and Ruby and shows you how to manage objects. Then, you’ll be taught how to use the installed AWS SDKs to develop applications with Amazon S3. Furthermore, you will explore the Amazon S3 pricing model and will learn how to annotate S3 billing with cost allocation tagging. In addition to this, the book covers several practical recipes about how to distribute your content with CloudFront, secure your content with IAM, optimize Amazon S3 performance, and notify S3 events with Lambada.
By the end of this book, you will be successfully implementing pro-level practices, techniques, and solutions in Amazon S3.
What You Will Learn
- Host a static website on Amazon S3
- Calculate costs with AWS Simple Monthly Calculators
- Deploy a static website via CloudFormation
- Distribute your content via CloudFront
- Secure resources with bucket policies and IAM
- Protect objects using server-side and client-side encryption
- Enable Cross-Origin Resource Sharing
- Manage objects’ life cycles to lower costs
- Optimize performance for uploading as well as downloading objects
- Enable S3 event notifications and create Lambda functions
- Manage common operations with AWS SDKs
Who This Book Is For
This book is for cloud developers who have experience of using Amazon S3 and are also familiar with Amazon S3.