NW.js Essentials is published by Packt Publishing in May 2015. This book has 172 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1785280863.
Using Node.js, we can create web applications easily. Now, thanks to NW.js, we can also create desktop apps with it using a unique combination of HTML5 and Node. NW.js is a runtime application based on Chromium and Node.js.
You will implement your first simple application right from the first chapter and see how easy it is to use the platform, after which you will learn about Native UI APIs and the different approaches to Node.js programming.
You’ll get a complete picture of the many possible ways to package and deploy NW.js applications on Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. So, get ready to explore NW.js and build a real, and complex, application.
What You Will Learn
- Develop a fully working NW.js desktop application from scratch
- Take advantage of third-party tools to simplify the packaging process of NW.js applications
- Create an astonishing user experience using Native UI APIs
- Debug NW.js applications with Chromium DevTools, Crash dump log files, and third-party debugging tools
- Package and deploy NW.js applications on Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
- Take advantage of Browser Web APIs, expanding on data persistence solutions and security
- Avoid common programming mistakes by integrating prior knowledge of Node.js with NW.js development
Who This Book Is For
If you are an experienced Node.js developer who wants to create amazing desktop applications using NW.js, this is the book for you. Prior knowledge of HTML5, jQuery, and CSS is assumed.