FreeSWITCH 1.6 Cookbook is published by Packt Publishing in July 2015. This book has 190 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1785280917.
FreeSWITCH is an open source carrier-grade telephony platform designed to facilitate the creation of voice, chat, and video applications, via phones and web browsers. It is scalable, carrier-ready, and easy-to-program for converged communication and VoIP. The technology serves SIP, WebRTC, PSTN, FAX, PBX, VERTO, and all the relevant channels essential to stay connected in today’s world.
In the FreeSWITCH 1.6 Cookbook, members of the FreeSWITCH development team share some of their hard-earned knowledge with you. Use this knowledge to improve and expand your FreeSWITCH installations.
Who This Book Is For
FreeSWITCH 1.6 Cookbook is written for anyone who wants to learn more about using FreeSWITCH in production. The information is presented in such a way that you can get up and running quickly. The cookbook approach eschews much of the foundational concepts, and instead focuses on discrete examples that illustrate specific features. If you need to implement a particular feature as quickly as possible, then this book is for you.
What You Will Learn
- Configure users and phones as well as connections to VoIP providers
- Control FreeSWITCH remotely with the powerful event socket interface
- Route inbound and outbound calls
- Insert CDRs into a database
- Enable text-to-speech in your voice applications
- Set up SSL certificates and release services to WebRTC
- Grasp the FreeSWITCH security best practices and Lua application programming knowledge