Arduino Wearable Projects + Codes is published by Packt Publishing in September 2015. This book has 225 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1785283307.
The demand for smart wearable technologies is becoming more popular day by day. The Arduino platform was developed keeping wearables, such as watches that track your location or shoes that count the miles you’ve run, in mind. It is basically an open-source physical computing platform based on a simple microcontroller board and a development environment in which you create the software for the board. If you’re interested in designing and creating your own wearables, this is an excellent platform for you.
This book provides you with the skills and understanding to create your own wearable projects. The book covers different prototyping boards which are compatible with the Arduino platform and are suitable for creating wearable projects. Each chapter of the book covers a project in which knowledge and skills are introduced gradually, making the book suitable for all kinds of readers.
You begin your journey with understanding electronic components, including LEDs and sensors, to get yourself up to scratch and comfortable with different components. You will then gain hands-on experience by creating your very first wearable project, a pair of interactive bike gloves that help you cycle at night. This is followed by a project making your own funky LED glasses and a cool GPS watch. You’ll also delve into other projects including creating your own keyless doorlock, wearable NFC tags, a fitness-tracking device, and a WiFi-enabled spark board. The final project is a compilation of the previous concepts used where you make your own smart watch with fitness tracking, internet-based notifications, GPS, and of course time telling.
What You Will Learn
- Develop a basic understanding of wearable computing
- Learn about Arduino and its compatible prototyping platforms suitable for creating wearables
- Understand the design process surrounding the creation of wearable objects
- Gain insight into the materials suitable for developing wearable projects
- Design and create projects including interactive bike gloves, GPRS locator watch, and more using various kinds of electronic components
- Discover programming for interactivity
- Learn how to connect and interface wearables’ with Bluetooth and WiFi
- Get your hands dirty with your own personalized designs
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for readers who are familiar with the Arduino platform and want to learn more about creating wearable projects. No previous experience in wearables is expected, although a basic knowledge of Arduino programming will help.