Microsoft Identity Manager 2016 Handbook is published by Packt Publishing in August 2016. This book has 385 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1785283925.
Microsoft Identity Manager 2016 is Microsoft’s solution to identity management. When fully installed, the product utilizes SQL, SharePoint, IIS, web services, the .NET Framework, and SCSM to name a few, allowing it to be customized to meet nearly every business requirement.
The book is divided into 15 chapters and begins with an overview of the product, what it does, and what it does not do. To better understand the concepts in MIM, we introduce a fictitious company and their problems and goals, then build an identity solutions to fit those goals. Over the course of this book, we cover topics such as MIM installation and configuration, user and group management options, self-service solutions, role-based access control, reducing security threats, and finally operational troubleshooting and best practices.
By the end of this book, you will have gained the necessary skills to deploy, manage and operate Microsoft Identity Manager 2016 to meet your business requirements and solve real-world customer problems.
Who This Book Is For
If you are an architect or a developer who wants to deploy, manage, and operate Microsoft Identity Manager 2016, then this book is for you. This book will also help the technical decision makers who want to improve their knowledge of Microsoft Identity Manager 2016. A basic understanding of Microsoft-based infrastructure using Active Directory is expected. Identity management beginners and experts alike will be able to apply the examples and scenarios to solve real-world customer problems.
What You Will Learn
- Install MIM components
- Find out about the MIM synchronization, its configuration settings, and advantages
- Get to grips with the MIM service capabilities and develop custom activities
- Use the MIM Portal to provision and manage an account
- Mitigate access escalation and lateral movement risks using privileged access management
- Configure client certificate management and its detailed permission model
- Troubleshoot MIM components by enabling logging and reviewing logs
- Back up and restore the MIM 2015 configuration
- Discover more about periodic purging and the coding best practices