CoreOS Essentials is published by Packt Publishing in June 2015. This book has 137 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1785283949.
This book will help you get up and running on using CoreOS to develop effective computing networks. You will begin with understanding the basics of CoreOS. You will then discover what etcd is and how it is used, followed by launching Docker containers with systemd and fleet. Learn how to manage clusters, read system logs, and customize with cloud-config. You will set up the deployment to production using Docker builder and a private Docker registry. You will also see how to set up and use CoreUpdate and Enterprise Registry, and get an introduction to the new App Container called rkt and the newly introduced cluster manager known as Kubernetes.
This book will equip you with all the information you need to leverage the power of CoreOS and the related containers for the effective deployment of your applications.
What You Will Learn
- Install and set up CoreOS on your machine and learn more about etcd
- Write and deploy systemd and fleet units
- Customize your clustering machines with cloud-config
- Set up your Docker container’s deployment
- Configure cluster Central Services and release channels
- Familiarize yourself with free as well as paid CoreOS services
- Get an overview of CoreOS rkt, a new App Container runtime
- Learn about Kubernetes and set up its cluster
Who This Book Is For
If you are a system administrator with experience in network virtualization and want to develop computing networks for deploying applications and servers, then this is the book for you. Knowledge of Linux operating systems and Docker is expected.