Beginning Ionic Hybrid Application Development [Video] is published by Packt Publishing in August 2015. This book has 1 Hour 1 minutes pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1785284465.
Mobile-first is the perspective developers have to think from to meet the demand of creating modern applications which are highly connected, accessible, and built for longevity.
Beginning Ionic Hybrid Application Development delivers your first steps into developing elegant, feature-rich cross-platform mobile applications with the framework, whilst taking advantage of its AngularJS backbone, and the Cordova API set.
We start off installing Ionic, exploring various commands such as start, serve, platform, run, and emulate, giving you a basic foundation of working with the Ionic CLI. We will then walk through built-in templates, themes, and headers, before creating an Ionic list, rendering data for it, and taking a look at creating services to manage our data efficiently.
Next, we start to incorporate greater sophistication by adding elements such as infinite scroll and pull-to-refresh, implementing data persistence, and focus on generally enhancing the user experience. Finally, we will talk about deploying our application to an emulator for testing purposes, and discuss Cordova plugins that can add even more functionality. By the end of the video you will have developed a full-featured, multi-platform mobile Ionic application.
What You Will Learn
- Develop a hybrid mobile application with Ionic and AngularJS
- Explore key commands of the Ionic CLI for an efficient development experience
- Manage application data easily with AngularJS services and Ajax
- Incorporate interactive mobile features to create intuitive user experiences
- Beautify the application further by calling upon Cordova plugins
- Fetch real-time data by making interactive calls to third-party websites
- Deploy your application to the emulator for testing
Who This Video Is For