Swift by Example is published by Packt Publishing in June 2015. This book has 350 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1785284700.
When Apple announced Swift at the WWDC, the iOS developer community became excited about the opportunities to improve the way in which they build iOS apps. Swift is a user-friendly language with a smooth learning curve; it is safe, robust, and flexible, and it introduces new ways to solve old problems.
Swift by Example is a fast-paced, practical guide that shows you how to develop iOS apps using Swift. Through the development of six different apps, you’ll learn how to use either the right feature of the language or the right tool to solve a given problem.
By the end of the book you will be able to build well-designed apps, effectively use AutoLayout, and develop a video game.
What You Will Learn
- Explore the features of Swift
- Connect to a server and parse JSON data
- Take advantage of CocoaPods to use third-party libraries
- Utilize a clean and effective architecture to decrease complexity and speed up development
- Work with the most useful parts of the iOS SDK
- Build video games with SpriteKit and SceneKit
- Develop apps from start to finish
- Implement a weather app using fake data
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for those who want to learn to develop apps in Swift the right way. Whether you are an expert Objective-C programmer or new to this platform, you’ll learn quickly, grasping the code of real-world apps to use Swift effectively. Prior experience in development for Apple devices would be helpful, but is not mandatory.