Raspberry Pi Robotics Essentials is published by Packt Publishing in June 2015. This book has 157 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1785284847.
The Raspberry Pi B2 is an inexpensive embedded processor that provides a high-performance Linux development environment.
This book is a fast-paced guide that will show you how to use Raspberry Pi technology to build a biped robot that can interact with its environment. We start off by explaining the basics of getting your Raspberry Pi up and running, ready to be mounted on your biped platform. After this, you will be introduced to the art of constructing a mechanism for the biped platform. You will then learn to develop a vision system for your robot, as well as a means by which you can control and monitor it. At the end of this book, you will have learned enough to build a complex biped robot that can walk, turn, find its way, and “see” its environment.
What You Will Learn
- Build a basic biped platform, a servo-based robot that can walk
- Add Six Degrees of Freedom (6DoF) to your robot and make it free to move forward/backward, up/down, and left/right
- Add vision through a webcam so that the biped can “see” the world around it
- Implement path planning so that the biped can move around autonomously
- Add wireless communication so that you can see what the robot is seeing and control the robot from a distance
Who This Book Is For
If you are a programmer with an interest in building advanced robotics projects using inexpensive hardware and open source software, then this book is for you. Some experience with computer programming and implementing simple mechanical systems is required.