Splunk Developer’s Guide is published by Packt Publishing in May 2015. This book has 158 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1785285295.
This book will equip you with all the necessary information to make the jump from a regular Splunk user to an efficient Splunk application developer. It will give you an overview of Splunk applications and covers the underpinnings of the structure and configurations that are contained within a Splunk application. You will learn about the design fundamentals of a Splunk application, create a directory structure for your application, and set view permissions. You will also see how to enhance your application using event types, tags, and macros.
By the end of this book, you’ll have learned how to implement advanced data input and visualizations, and how to package and publish applications ready to deliver meaningful insights so you make better design decisions for your business.
Who This Book Is For
If you are a Splunk user and want to enter the wonderful world of Splunk application development, then this book is for you. Some experience with Splunk, writing searches, and designing basic dashboards is expected.
What You Will Learn
- Implement modular input and a custom D3 data visualization
- Create a directory structure and set view permissions
- Create a search view and a dashboard view using advanced XML modules
- Enhance your application using event types, tags, and macros
- Package a Splunk application using best practices
- Publish a Splunk application to the Splunk Community