Real-Time Application Development is published by Packt Publishing in October 2015. This book has 175 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1785285455.
With technology trends, demands on software have changed with more and more skilled users. Over the past few years, with services such as Facebook, Twitter and push notifications on smartphones, users are now getting used to being up to date with everything that happens all the time. With SignalR, the applications stay connected and will generate notifications when something happens either from the system or by other users thus giving new opportunities to enter into this new, exciting world of real-time application development.
What You Will Learn
- Explore the basic knowledge and understanding of SignalR
- Get to know how to connect client to the server
- Connecting a client with a server and setting a hub
- Creating group connections together
- Understand how to have state in the client to have specific operations
- Securing SignalR connections
- How to scale SignalR across multiple servers
- Building a client for WPF
- Building a client using Xamarin targeting Windows, iPhone and Android
- Get to grips with monitoring the traffic in SignalR using Fiddler for Windows and Charles for OSX
- Setting up code to host SignalR using OWIN
Who This Book Is For
If you are a .Net developer with good understanding of the .Net platform then this is an ideal book for you to learn how to build real-time apps using the SignalR framework.