Learning Backbone.js Testing [Video] is published by Packt Publishing in August 2015. This book has 1 hour and 48 minutes pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1785285530.
At the beginning, we’ll discuss different testing philosophies and go over some testing basics. After establishing a motivation for and philosophy of testing, we’re going to dive right into how we express our tests in Jasmine’s BDD syntax. We’ll also hone in on how to deal with the DOM and AJAX in our tests.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the philosophy behind test-driven and behavior-driven development
- Overcome the obstacle of testing code that relies on AJAX by using sinon.js
- Eliminate tedious manual testing habits in favor of streamlined automated workflows by using Karma
- Develop a solid approach to behavior-driven development with Jasmine that will help you write better tests
- Build and use fixtures to facilitate predictable data instantiation and reuse
- Customize and extend the testing framework to bring the tools closer to your problem set
Who This Video Is For