Cucumber Cookbook is published by Packt Publishing in May 2015. This book has 168 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1785286001.
Today, behaviour-driven development (BDD) is gaining popularity around the world. Cucumber-JVM is one of the fastest growing tools and offers a cutting-edge platform for conceptualizing and implementing BDD. The variety of features available within Cucumber enhances the experience of implementing BDD for both business and development teams.
This book provides you with the skills you need to successfully create, customize, and configure the Cucumber framework. You will discover how to create Feature files, and Step Definitions, and enable various configurations, such as “Before” and “After” functions, with fun exercises. You’ll round off your learning by creating automation frameworks to automate Web, REST, and Mobile apps.
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for business and development personnel who want to use Cucumber for behavior-driven development and test automation. Readers with some familiarity with Cucumber will find this book of most benefit.
Since the main objective of this book is to create test automation frameworks, previous experience in automation will be helpful.
What You Will Learn
- Explore the usage of the Gherkin Language to write meaningful and smart Feature files
- Understand Scenario, Steps, Backgrounds, Scenario Outlines, and Data Tables
- Discover the concepts of Glue Code and Step Definitions in detail
- Gain insights into the different types of Step Definitions, Regular Expressions, Doc Strings, Data Table transformations, and Capture Groups
- Master the advanced concepts of implementing Tags and Hooks
- Override default Cucumber options and settings along with different output report formats
- Run Jenkins and Cucumber from Terminal while running various Cucumber Scenarios in parallel