Regression Analysis with Python is published by Packt Publishing in February 2016. This book has 312 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1785286315.
Regression is the process of learning relationships between inputs and continuous outputs from example data, which enables predictions for novel inputs. There are many kinds of regression algorithms, and the aim of this book is to explain which is the right one to use for each set of problems and how to prepare real-world data for it. With this book you will learn to define a simple regression problem and evaluate its performance. The book will help you understand how to properly parse a dataset, clean it, and create an output matrix optimally built for regression. You will begin with a simple regression algorithm to solve some data science problems and then progress to more complex algorithms. The book will enable you to use regression models to predict outcomes and take critical business decisions. Through the book, you will gain knowledge to use Python for building fast better linear models and to apply the results in Python or in any computer language you prefer.
What you will learn
- Format a dataset for regression and evaluate its performance
- Apply multiple linear regression to real-world problems
- Learn to classify training points
- Create an observation matrix, using different techniques of data analysis and cleaning
- Apply several techniques to decrease (and eventually fix) any overfitting problem
- Learn to scale linear models to a big dataset and deal with incremental data