R Data Science Essentials is published by Packt Publishing in June 2016. This book has 154 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1785286544.
With organizations increasingly embedding data science across their enterprise and with management becoming more data-driven it is an urgent requirement for analysts and managers to understand the key concept of data science. The data science concepts discussed in this book will help you make key decisions and solve the complex problems you will inevitably face in this new world.
R Data Science Essentials will introduce you to various important concepts in the field of data science using R. We start by reading data from multiple sources, then move on to processing the data, extracting hidden patterns, building predictive and forecasting models, building a recommendation engine, and communicating to the user through stunning visualizations and dashboards.
By the end of this book, you will have an understanding of some very important techniques in data science, be able to implement them using R, understand and interpret the outcomes, and know how they helps businesses make a decision.
What you will learn
- Perform data preprocessing and basic operations on data
- Implement visual and non-visual implementation data exploration techniques
- Mine patterns from data using affinity and sequential analysis
- Use different clustering algorithms and visualize them
- Implement logistic and linear regression and find out how to evaluate and improve the performance of an algorithm
- Extract patterns through visualization and build a forecasting algorithm
- Build a recommendation engine using different collaborative filtering algorithms
- Make a stunning visualization and dashboard using ggplot and R shiny