Kivy: Interactive Applications in Python is published by Packt Publishing in June 2015. This book has 157 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1785286926.
Kivy – Interactive Applications and Games in Python Second Edition, will equip you with all the necessary knowledge to create interactive, responsive, and cross-platform applications and games.
This book introduces the Kivy language and the necessary components so you can implement a graphical user interface (GUI) and learn techniques to handle events, detect gestures, and control multi-touch actions. You will learn strategies to animate your applications, and obtain interactive, professional-looking, and responsive results. You will be applying this knowledge throughout the book by developing three applications and tackling their diverse programming challenges.
What You Will Learn
- Build responsive user interfaces (UIs) using the Kivy language and the Kivy widgets
- Master the use of the Kivy canvas to display graphics on screen
- Keep the UI updated on user input and screen size with Kivy properties
- Bind and unbind Kivy events to control widgets, touches, the mouse, the keyboard, and animations
- Scale, rotate, and translate widgets using finger gestures
- Create and use your own gestures, and control multiple touches on the screen
- Enhance your widgets with behaviors, animations, and transitions
- Debug your application with the Kivy inspector
Who This Book Is For
If you are a Python developer who wants to create exciting and dynamic UI/UX applications that are compatible with multiple platforms, then this is the book for you. No prior experience with Kivy is required, although you should be familiar with Python and have a fair understanding of software engineering concepts such as inheritance, classes, and instances.