WxPython Application Development Cookbook is published by Packt Publishing in December 2015. This book has 264 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1785287732.
wxPython is a GUI toolkit for the Python programming language built on top of the cross-platform wxWidgets GUI libraries. wxPython provides a powerful set of tools that allow you to quickly and efficiently building applications that can run on a variety of different platforms. Since wxWidgets provides a wrapper around each platform’s native GUI toolkit, the applications built with wxPython will have a native look and feel wherever they are deployed.
This book will provide you with the skills to build highly functional and native looking user interfaces for Python applications on multiple operating system environments. By working through the recipes, you will gain insights into and exposure to creating applications using wxPython. With a wide range of topics covered in the book, there are recipes to get the most basic of beginners started in GUI programming as well as tips to help experienced users get more out of their applications. The recipes will take you from the most basic application constructs all the way through to the deployment of complete applications.
What you will learn
- Create full featured user interfaces
- Design and develop custom controls
- Deploy and distribute wxPython applications to Windows, Macintosh OS X, Linux, and other UNIX-like environments
- Handle and respond to application events
- Manage and display data using grids
- Interact with web services from your GUI
- Use Paint events to draw custom displays
- Support the display of user interfaces in multiple languages