HTML5 Game Development by Example is published by Packt Publishing in June 2015. This book has 352 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1785287770.
HTML5 is a markup language used to structure and present content for the World Wide Web and is a core technology of the Internet. It is supported across different platforms and is also supported by various browsers. Its innovative features, such as canvas, audio, and video elements, make it an excellent game building tool.
HTML5 Game Development by Example Beginner’s Guide Second Edition is a step-by-step tutorial that will help you create several games from scratch, with useful examples. Starting with an introduction to HTML5, the chapters of this book help you gain a better understanding of the various concepts and features of HTML5. By the end of the book, you’ll have the knowledge, skills, and level of understanding you need to efficiently develop games over the network using HTML5.
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Build real-time network multiplayer games
- Add physics to your canvas games by using the Box2D physics engine
- Build a CSS3-driven card game with transform and 3D flipping effects
- Learn to add sounds to your games
- Make a drawing tool in Canvas
- Create multiple layers in a canvas game
- Store game data persistently by using local storage
- Use sprite sheets to create frame-based animation