Learning iOS UI Development is published by Packt Publishing in January 2016. This book has 167 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1785288197.
Through this comprehensive one-stop guide, you’ll get to grips with the entire UIKit framework and in a flash, you’ll be creating modern user interfaces for your iOS devices using Swift.
Starting with an overview of the iOS drawing system and the available tools, you will then learn how to use these technologies to create adaptable layouts and custom elements for your applications. Next, you’ll be introduced to other topics such as animation and code-drawing with Core Graphics, which will give you all the knowledge you need to create astonishing user interfaces.
By the end of this book, you will have a solid foundation in iOS user interface development and will have gained valuable insights on the process of building firm and complex UIs.
What you will learn
- Understand the basic requirements to work with iOS user interfaces
- Get to know about the UI tools, frameworks, and built-in components
- Plot dynamic layout structures using Auto Layout
- Shape and implement adaptive user interfaces for different screen sizes
- Draw and animate your user interfaces using the CALayer and UIKit animations
- Intercept and handle user touches to create user interface interactivity
- Create and depict totally custom controls
- Design with iOS through Core Graphics