Scala Design Patterns is published by Packt Publishing in February 2016. This book has 382 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1785882500.
Scala has become increasingly popular in many different IT sectors. The language is exceptionally feature-rich which helps developers write less code and get faster results. Design patterns make developer’s lives easier by helping them write great software that is easy to maintain, runs efficiently and is valuable to the company or people concerned.
You will learn about the various features of Scala and be able to apply well-known, industry-proven design patterns in your work. The book starts off by focusing on some of the most interesting features of Scala while using practical real-world examples. We will also cover the popular “Gang of Four” design patterns and show you how to incorporate functional patterns effectively. By the end of this book, you will have enough knowledge and understanding to quickly assess problems and come up with elegant solutions.
What You Will Learn
- Immerse yourself in industry-standard design patterns―structural, creational, and behavioral―to create extraordinary applications
- Feel the power of traits and their application in Scala
- Implement abstract and self types and build clean design patterns
- Build complex entity relationships using structural design patterns
- Create applications faster by applying functional design patterns
Who This Book Is For
If you want to increase your understanding of Scala and apply it to real-life application development, then this book is for you. We’ve also designed the book to be used as a quick reference guide while creating applications. Previous Scala programming knowledge is expected.